Need some MagicQ personalities or the DMX ranges

MarSpain

Paul not sure about the bars,but the LED pars sound similar to the ones I use,I found patching a virtual dimmer channel for each can gives the best of both worlds,you can run the colour effects as well as the dimmer effects.To do this patch the same number of dimmer channels as you have cans,stick them on an address somewhere out the way.Then change each head number of the dimmers to the same as the cans .I intend,when I get around to it, to see if I can make a personality for the cans that includes the virtual dimmer and remove the 2 macro channels off the wheel as a) its a pain having to patch virtual channels all the time and b) in the height of battle ive once or twice wheeled a macro in iwhen I thought I was doing something else, not realising, and then spend the next 5 minutes wondering why the cans are doing there own funky thing.

When using fixtures like this, we create what we call a multi-element personality. If you have a look at the LEDJ Statos heads already in the library then this is a similar example. The main section of the personality would just have the master dimmer and fx channels in it, but if you look in the head editor under VIEW GENERAL, Multi then here it would reference another personality, ie the generic led3chan fixture to patch before or after the master channels.

When you patch this fixture it would create two groups, one for the master channels of the fixtures, which you could then park at full if you wanted, and then another group of the LED elements. By doing this is means that each RGB element has its own head number, so you can use each pixel in the pixelmapper. If you drop me an email - matt@chamsys.co.uk - then we can get any heads you need made for you, or you can add it as a personality request into the bugtracker - http://download.magicq.co.uk - which also comes straight through to me but has the advantage that other people can get at it as well if they need to! If there is a head in the library that you would like modified to fit your needs better then you can either do it yourself with the in-built personality editor or just drop me a line and we can play around with it here, quite a common request is to add things like the right arm onto other fixtures so they can be controlled as one head!

Matt

Archived