www.usedlighting.co.uk

Rob

I have never worked for AC lighting in a freelance or full time position

But I would recommend the use of their second hand section, have had some useful bits off them, all in excellent condition the last lot of second hand pre made TRS cables I had, you couldn't even tell that they had been used if at all....

I am all for buying and selling ropey stuff on Ebay but AC's isn't that ropey one would have to describe it as above average condition for ebay.

Paul...

I think the problem with Jim Bob's post is the way he said it. If you read his post it comes across as a glowing recommendation of AC. It's only if you look at his profile that you smell a rat.

If instead of writing...

To be honest everything looks very tatty...apart from the the wing nut spanner!

You must be vary wary when purchasing second hand electrical items. One of the best sources of second hand good is from AC Lighting. They check everything that goes through the door.

he had written...

You must be vary wary when purchasing second hand electrical items. It's usually best to make sure the supplier tests everything before despatch. Here at AC Lighting we check everything that goes through the door.

his position would have been more transparent.

BTW. I have no problem with AC, I've bought stuff from them and it has always been in very good condition. And I've also bought from usedlighting and also from Stage Electrics who also electrically test everything.

All reasonable comments, I think. Personally, I've never bought any second-hand kit from either of the sources concerned, but I've heard nothing but good reports about both from anyone who has. I've used AC Lighting for new kit and never been anything but completely satisfied.

I agree with Brian, in that the problem seems to stem from the way the post was phrased. James' profile clearly states that he works for AC Lighting, his post clearly recommends AC as a source of used kit which is implied to be superior to Iain's site, and he doesn't make any distinction concerning the fact that he's posting personally rather than with his AC Lighting hat on. Anyway, let's hope that the recent posts to this thread have cleared up any confusion surrounding this issue, and that James has not been in any way discouraged from contributing to the Blue Room in the future.

The views of Jim Bob on this forum are not the views of AC Lighting Ltd.

The posting was a personal posting as a member under his own name who merely recorded the fact that he works for us in his profile.

A. C. Lighting obviously can not accept liability for any personal statements which are made by its staff on forums such as this.

Ian, thanks for clearing that up. James, we hope you didn't take offence at the comments which were added to your post - none was intended.

Archived