What would you make

Adrianfreston

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 9 months later...
I like the idea of Data over power or wireless "lighting Networks" with the mover or device having a wireless card on board, save the DMX cable, it needs a break!

It's kind of been done on the domestic front with the X10 protocol. Can't find much on the web for y'all to read up on (though I'm sure you'll probably all know about it!).

I've been thinking/hoping that it won't be long before it can be adapted to our needs, like you've said, it would eliminate the need for DMX. though I'm not entirely sure how it well it would cope with 3phase!!!

My new product wouldn't be a new product so to speak, but more bringing back/expanding the use of pins 4 nd 5 in DMX cables for feedback (and fixtures with the ability to send error messages down them). A lot of the time I have fixtures that are out of site or who's displays are out of sight so there's no way of knowing if one has developed an error or if I accidentally did something silly whilst programming!

I'm not entirely sure how it well it would cope with 3phase

not be a problem. ive worked on sevaral building managment systems that use the mains wiring to transfer the data..All you need is a little black box that joins the phases together without making things go bang,Ive often wondered how easy it would be to send DMX data over mains cabling,and incorparate a decoder in each item that needs DMX.

I'm not entirely sure how it well it would cope with 3phase

not be a problem. ive worked on sevaral building managment systems that use the mains wiring to transfer the data..All you need is a little black box that joins the phases together without making things go bang,Ive often wondered how easy it would be to send DMX data over mains cabling,and incorparate a decoder in each item that needs DMX.

you can always "receive" the data and "transmit" on another phase to bridge -- personally I'm not impressed by the idea of introducing noise on power lines. Not least as they can work as very good radio transmitters.

A long time ago Adrianfreston wrote:

Sharpie lids with a neck lanyard clip hoop in the top so you don't have to LX tape it to the lanyard each time.

Lets see what happens here!

You have your wish. Check out the Sharpie MINI at http:/www.sanfordcorp.com

John G

Chuck Keys with a hoop on them, so you can attach them to something useful, like a keyring, or lanyard.

Or, failing that - a device to sit on a keyring, so that as you are closing the warehouse door, and about to lock it, they keys whizz out of the door preventing you from being locked out. Ideally with targeting for your forehead so that at some point you'll remember to put them in pocket beforehand!

Jay :unsure:

Archived