What would you make

Adrianfreston

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
it collets the ends melts them down and makes more gel

But it isn't just one layer is it? So melting it down wouldn't work I don't think. I know ROSCO boast about their "supergel co-extrusion" giving locked in colour. The actual coloured element is sandwiched between 2 layers of clear film. So you'd probably need to separate the different molten plastics through fractional distillation (I think, I've only done 3 yrs of chemistry) Good idea though.

• 3 weeks later...

I like the idea of Data over power or wireless "lighting Networks" with the mover or device having a wireless card on board, save the DMX cable, it needs a break! 

It's kind of been done on the domestic front with the X10 protocol. Can't find much on the web for y'all to read up on (though I'm sure you'll probably all know about it!).

I've been thinking/hoping that it won't be long before it can be adapted to our needs, like you've said, it would eliminate the need for DMX. though I'm not entirely sure how it well it would cope with 3phase!!!

Looks like avo have made this whimsical notion a reality...so who started this thread... :unsure: This looks like the future folks! >>>clickety me!<<< (third paragraph)

But it isn't just one layer is it? So melting it down wouldn't work I don't think. I know ROSCO boast about their "supergel co-extrusion" giving locked in colour. The actual coloured element is sandwiched between 2 layers of clear film. So you'd probably need to separate the different molten plastics through fractional distillation (I think, I've only done 3 yrs of chemistry) Good idea though.

you can't really fractionally distill plastics, because of the intermolecular bonds between the individual compounds, you could however possibly break them down using hydrolysis and then distill them. ps, don't take chemistry at degree level, it sucks :unsure:

I would make a large drinks container that was impossible to spill so that you could have it by your lighting desk with a long tube (straw) coming off of it so you could drink whilst you work. I always find that I get dehydrated whilst working on a show. Even one that you could hang in rigging above you to keep it out of the way!

I would make a large drinks container that was impossible to spill so that you could have it by your lighting desk with a long tube (straw) coming off of it so you could drink whilst you work. I always find that I get dehydrated whilst working on a show. Even one that you could hang in rigging above you to keep it out of the way!

cycling/running product range called Camelbak. alsorts of backpacks/bumbags/hangers etc that you can put drinks in, with a bendy tube with a valve on to drink through. even do some designed for thick stuff like soups!!

After the pet hates I'm sure that many people will want some thing that plugs in to a standard 3.5inch floppy (no naughty jokes people)  and has a USB cable so you can put a XXXmb memory stick in to.

You used to be able to get (and I presume you still can) A floppy disk adaptor that took a Smartmedia card and a few batteries, and behaved exactly like a floppy disk for the computer. Although now they've phased out Smartmedia cards ;) it might be slightly harder to find.

cycling/running product range called Camelbak. alsorts of backpacks/bumbags/hangers etc that you can put drinks in, with a bendy tube with a valve on to drink through. even do some designed for thick stuff like soups!!

The other brand to look at would be Platypuss, and you can even get adaptors to turn a Sigg bottle into something similar.

HTH

PN

Does anyone do one of these designed for pressuriesed (IE fizzy) drinks?

Nah, that's what interns are for. Give them the offcuts and some scroller tape, get them to make new sheets of gel!

;) ;)

Does anyone do one of these designed for pressuriesed (IE fizzy) drinks?

When I used to race downhill one of the guys I travelled with tried it in the car.... I can safely say it doesn't work! The pressure builds up and ends up breaking the seal, you can imagine what happens next!

Projectors with either a dimmer or shutter, so that you can make a black screen black.

Or just a seperate supply for the bulb, then we can dim it ourselves.

I'd settle for Kodak reintroducing the Carousel. Theres still plenty round at the mo, but they wont last forever...

Archived