What would you make

Adrianfreston

Just spotted this one when re-reading the topic.

a follow spot with CMY, and a very simple user interface on the side, with the clever bit locked away from prying fingers

I love the idea, but you wouldn't need any user controls if you had it controlled by DMX. Then the colours could be run from the board. I look forward to seeing it in the next Robert Juliat catalogue!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You could I guess but it would affect the weighting a lot, and the run of scroller cable to the scroller would have to have some imaginative routing to allow the followspot full movement but not have the cable to close to the lantern that it could melt.

I look forward to seeing it in the next Robert Juliat catalogue!

Along with a GKV 600w based RJ profile. We all know it'd be the muts nuts, even if it cost a little bit more... So, if I could make anything & worked at RJ that would be it!

Stu

jimeee got me thinking. I've not long moved all my old X10 controls to Z-Wave - a wireless solution.

The way Z-Wave works, you plug your lamp/device into a small dimmer/switch, then that plugs into the mains. Each box is uniquely addressable, and acts as a 'repeater node', so when a command is sent (say "lamp 5 @ 50%" it propagates across the network.

Minimal setup time, no issues with range (as each node rebroadcasts the signal) and fully redundant. This sort of technology is so cheap it should already be embedded in MACs etc. Imagine - you'd only need a DMX run to the first fixture, and the rest would all network themselves. With 2-way protocols they could even patch themselves!

Someday...

What I'd like someone to create is a color frame that is easy to get in and out of a lantern (particularly PAR64s and Thomas 1k Groundrows) after the thing has been hired out a couple of times.

I'm sick to death of fighting colour frames in. There must be a better way.

I remember an American LD who wanted to create Lumo-Suck. A black paint you could spray on to borders to completely eliminate spill from soft focussing :shaun:

After the pet hates I'm sure that many people will want some thing that plugs in to a standard 3.5inch floppy (no naughty jokes people)  and has a USB cable so you can put a XXXmb memory stick in to.

You used to be able to get (and I presume you still can) A floppy disk adaptor that took a Smartmedia card and a few batteries, and behaved exactly like a floppy disk for the computer. Although now

AFAIK, sony still do a memory stick-floppy concertor.

Archived