Strand 200 series 24/48 problem

mjwcookie

An oscilloscope can also be used if you've got that. You can see the DMX channels changing as you push faders up and down (if you can get it to trigger on the DMX break marker, which can be tricky.) If nothing changes when you wiggle faders then the desk is sending out all zero (which could be the meaning of "empty packets") for some reason.

I think you'll find the LL stands (oddly) for LeveL

Ah thanks for that :angry:

Have you go access to a Microscope to 'scope out the DMX being sent from the desk?

Erm, do you mean oscilloscope....?

probably not

http://www.artisticlicence.com/index.php?m...=&order_id=

For my money an oscilloscope would be more useful in a situation like this - we are just trying to get something out of the desk - anything would do!

However, if you really have set it back to factory defaults and if your tec is right and the desk is sending zero levels to everything it sounds like a fault in the desk so my instinct would be to get the covers off and have a look for an unseated chip or ribbon cable, especially if the unit has just been shipped to you. Obviously you should consider any warranty implications. And make sure you are in an antistatic environment.

Dave

Erm, do you mean oscilloscope....?

No, I mean Microscope, as the link on the previous page went to. As made by Artistic License.

A concurrent post has been automatically merged from this point on.

For my money an oscilloscope would be more useful in a situation like this

The Microscope will give you a graphical and polynumerical display of the data that it is receiving, as well as time analysis of the breaks etc. It will also perform many other DMX functions.

Thanks all for your valuable assistance. I was able to trace the problem to a fried CPU on the motherboard. There was a smal burn mark on the corner and it was just enough to corrupt the signal, but not stop it. A new one is on the way in, but not in time for the production. The disco lights will have to do.

Thanks.

Mark

Archived