Ebay Fraud?

Edlight

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
.... Come on chaps - Habeas Corpus, innocent until proven guilty, etc. That's what (in theory, anyway) protects us all from false accusations and wrongful imprisonment (unless we ever vote in the European Constitution)....

1) Off-topic (politics)

2) Not true (no really, it isn't. If you think I'm wrong, show me where)

Back on topic.... my favourite tactic for checking this sort of thing is to ask them to post / email a picture of some obscure part (such as the cable inlet) or the serial number, which wouldn't be possible if they didn't have the item concerned.

my favourite tactic for checking this sort of thing is to ask them to post / email a picture of some obscure part (such as the cable inlet) or the serial number, which wouldn't be possible if they didn't have the item concerned.

Clever idea. I'll remember that if I ever buy anything that looks iffy, although I usually use the cash when I collect approach if it looks like it might be a scam.

Ben

Hmmm...

The Mac 500 guy (not) seems to have changed tack ever-so-slightly....

The piccies are the same, as is the 'price' and the method of scamming, but the e-mail's changed to marklot@hotmail.it....

Reported (again) to Ebay Fraud squad!

TD

Archived