Nice device - but just think what could happen?

paulears

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ref #21.

"We" do in fact have a low voltage connector, however you may care to remain seated when you see the price, ** laughs out loud **:

http://essentialsupplies.co.uk/acatalog/On...ockets_192.html

(with usual disclaimers), plus being a discreet lilac hue they may not blend quietly into the background.

cool, with a small modification you could fit the birdie lamp inside the connector and do away with that big ugly birdie can

And here something about the piano, its power supply, and that connector, including a link to somewhere that sells it, but is all too American, and twelve bucks for an XLR is just too much...

I'm trying to think back 25 years, and the grey cells are failing me. However, I'm almost certain that the CP80 used on that tour had a mains input lead, so I can only guess that the 12V psu had been built inside - perhaps as a DIY job.

"We" do in fact have a low voltage connector, however you may care to remain seated when you see the price, ** laughs out loud **:

Indeed -but I've not seen one in use!

There's a grey round pin connector used for 0-50V (from memory) that a company local to us uses on it's 12V star cloths. Interestingly they're the same connector as supplied on Bola bowling machines - our PE dept had asked if I could have a look at a broken connector for them, and the price as spares from Bola was about half the price of the connector from RS / Farnell.

Indeed -but I've not seen one in use!

There's a grey round pin connector used for 0-50V (from memory) that a company local to us uses on it's 12V star cloths. Interestingly they're the same connector as supplied on Bola bowling machines - our PE dept had asked if I could have a look at a broken connector for them, and the price as spares from Bola was about half the price of the connector from RS / Farnell.

A company I know uses rubber box mounted transformers with speakon outputs to run their starcloths....

Dave C.

A friend of mine had his Q1 soca connected to a dimmer rack once. It was an interesting sound...

In the old days (1969) when electricians never had plugtops on anything in their own workshops (a box of matches was all that was required) and clear twin cable was prevalent for all uses I was present when a brand new Goodmans Triaxiom was inadvertently tested for its tolerance of 240v. His line "That hum sounds like 50cycles where's it coming from!" will stay with me forever!

Archived