15a To 13a Adaptor

jamesamd4800

The fact that the OP wants 13-15 adaptors says to me that he's got a hard patch down at the dimmer end and he's just trying to use the wiring in the IWB's and building to get hard power up to said items... If thats the case then it might be easier to ask around to see if anyones got any long reels of 13A extensions lying about that you could borrow. It's messier and more time consuming but it might be your only option...

Perhaps you could expand on what you want to do and we could offer alternative suggestions?

James

Thanks, You are correct.

Basically, We have an IWB system that isn't hard wired into the dimmer, just a patch bay. What I am wanting to do is run 4 tri pars through the IWB's to run through the patch bay back into another adaptor to plug into a 13a source in the office. I've got 13a extensions here, but the sockets for power sources are limited (and in awkward places) which would mean we would have to go through the door to get a suitable socket. Hmmm, how good are usedlighting on delivery? If I was to order on the Tuesday would they be here by Wednesday? (Providing I order in the morning).

If I was to order on the Tuesday would they be here by Wednesday? (Providing I order in the morning).

According to their FAQs they can deliver in 24 hrs, but its not hugely cheap (£14 plus VAT for up to 30Kg).

I've ordered from stagelighting.co.uk (same company, different division) and they were pretty good, stuck to their delivery estimate.

If I was to order on the Tuesday would they be here by Wednesday? (Providing I order in the morning).

According to their FAQs they can deliver in 24 hrs, but its not hugely cheap (£14 plus VAT for up to 30Kg).

I've ordered from stagelighting.co.uk (same company, different division) and they were pretty good, stuck to their delivery estimate.

Yeah, I saw that. Was just wondering if they stuck to it at that price :blink:. And thanks for your input on stagelighting, was it next day?

Yeah, I saw that. Was just wondering if they stuck to it at that price :blink:. And thanks for your input on stagelighting, was it next day?

First Class I believe, so 1 day, but can't be 100% sure - it was a busy week of, ironically, the Drama A-levels that I was working at my old school.

If you were to give used lighting a call (give them a call to confirm) on the Tuesday, given my experience with them you'd be likely to get it on the Wednesday. They have reduced that postage cost for me in the past for small items, although 8 cable adaptors would be getting bulky anyway.

Just as a further thought to your situation - how far are you spacing them around on the IWBs? Would you have the scope to use either one or two pairs of adaptors instead of four pairs, and then use 13A extensions on the bar once the power is up there? Might save you a little money.

If you were to give used lighting a call (give them a call to confirm) on the Tuesday, given my experience with them you'd be likely to get it on the Wednesday. They have reduced that postage cost for me in the past for small items, although 8 cable adaptors would be getting bulky anyway.

Just as a further thought to your situation - how far are you spacing them around on the IWBs? Would you have the scope to use either one or two pairs of adaptors instead of four pairs, and then use 13A extensions on the bar once the power is up there? Might save you a little money.

Thanks for the input, I will call them first thing tomorrow.

• 10 months later...

South Africa uses the 15a plug and socket as their national domestic standard.

The answer therefore if to obtain some Travel adapters (PL11542 from CPC @ £2.44 each)

Yes I know their catalogue refers to them as 5a but they work as I use them.

Archived