MagicQ User co-operative

paulears

Not as far as I'm aware. As I mentioned, it's this 'selection against the insurer' that's the problem - and not a single insurance company I approached was willing to even quote. I've personally decided to just vet them and see if they actually have the money to replace the kit if lost or damaged, and then make it clear on the paperwork that they must have insurance and are going to be responsible. I do this with the other kit I hire, and as long as you don't hire to the dodgy ones - it's worked for me so far. Not ideal, but the best I can do.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Website not working for me?

Agreed... (Safari on mac)

If I go to

http://www.magicq-hire.com/ or http://www.magicq-hire.com/index.html I am presented with a white screen,

however navigating directly to a page (eg http://www.magicq-hire.com/hire.html) works, and from there all links seem to work, bar the one to the home page...

I just got a note saying there is a virus warning picked up on accessing the site - so I've deleted it and uploading it again from the virus free version on the machine here.

P

EDIT

The entire site was deleted, and regenerated again. It's now back, and the copy I downloaded before I deleted it looked at with AVG and Spyware doctor and it didn't trigger any alarms. If anyone gets any strange warnings when using other protection, please let me know - but the site doesn't have anything on it apart from material generated by the web software - in this case, Serif X5.

• 1 month later...

Good news! more hardware to add and Kent to colour in!

Phonophobia Ltd. now has a PC wing available for hire.

Address:

Phonophobia Ltd

Unit 1

Roebuck Business Park

Ashford Road

Harrietsham

Kent

ME17 1AB

phone: 01622 861626

email: mail@phonophobia-online.co.uk

facebook: Phonophobia-ltd

Sorry to the couple of new associates who I missed - could I ask that if anyone else wishes to add equipment and join the group - please email me at this address then it will pop up in a list and I can manage it better - the messages here went onto a new page, so I didn't remember to look back and bring the list up to date.

Remember - all we need is an email, a name (private or company), your location - as in town and county plus post code and what you have.

The group seems to have some unexpected functions - my extra wing is now on tour in Australia, while I'm using a huge one that is saving an awful lot on freight costs - so even loans and temporary swaps seem to work.

Paul

• 1 year later...

First visit to the Blue Room in a little while... I'm not sure whether we're supposed/allowed to post this info here, but it would appear so...

Martin's Lights in Reading has a flightcased ChamSys Maxi Wing with a dedicated touchscreen laptop running MagicQ on Windows, plus a MagicDMX Full interface, and also a 10" USB touch screen for anybody who needs to or would prefer to use their own laptop with the Maxi Wing or any other wing. We also have immediate access to two more PC Wings.

Archived