monitors

toby

Well, the last thing you really want to do is "downgrade" the woodwork like seems to be happening with the FOH boxes at all 3 of them. The 3 point source systems in the main venue at all three WORKED. (They were often poorly maintained but they worked and when functioning properly I had no issues getting a good sound out of all of them).

I don't understand the reason for getting rid of the LE400's, Why not replace the wedges in one of the other ones with something else, perhaps a bit more budget concious. Last time I worked in Reds at Bognor the lead vocalist of a named band I was with (I won't name them as it's unfair) ended up with a pair of cheap wedges, I can't remember for the life of me what they were. Something wants to tell me they were the studiospares ones. And they sounded absolutely fine. Probably better than the others there, which, again I forget but were they not Cae?

Why not replace with cheap (but GOOD) wedges in another venue, and keep the touring standard LE400's there? Have I missed something. Where did the EAW and up anyway?

The Ohm TRS stuff is good.

Did you get the demo from Ohm themselves, or a dealer. The reason I ask, is as far as I remember, the newest design of TRS115 does have the NL4s at the rear, but they are recessed at an angle. From what I know of Ohm, they could probably knock you out a set of TRS115s with the connectors at the side aswell if that's what you wanted - some of the TRS wedges have had NL4s there in the past too.

If you wanted them to be wired for biamped, ask them at this time as well, as as standard they don't come this way.

In saying all this, I would be looking at reviewing the front and side fills you have up in Centre Stage (I can't remember!) and work out if they need rethinking for better stage coverage. You seem to be wanting better/bigger coverage from boxes designed to cover the small area in front of them if I've read you post properly.

Ohm also do amps, and dsps to go with their systems, and by all accounts are a nice bunch ... get them to come and demo a load of kit, especally if you're thinking of needing more than just a few new amps/wedges over the next few years.

(Surprised it isn't Badger asking this question.)

Toby,

having looked at what you've demo'd and in light of the fact that you didn't really get the TFM-560's I'd suggest that you look at the TMW -115's from Turbo. They're more in your budget area, smaller and still seriously good as a low profile wedge.

Hi guys, I currently work at butlins bognor in the main venue, we currently use martin le 400s, run passively, admittedly they are underpowered, but quality and angles from them are just right for us, were in the process of demoing stuff, last weekend I had the ev TX1152FM out, quality of them was great, price was very good but angle wise with what we need them for on our stage (bands/cast/groups) were just not quite there, lost allot of top end stood more then 3 foot away. Also demoed the new turbosound 560 models, compared to the 450's didn't impress much and turns out to be a bit out of our price range, this weekend had the ev phoenix 15'', which were ok, but angle wise wrong and just a bit small, we also had the ohm hdfm which are fitted the bill angle wise, and power, but for the size and what they are just didnt impress that much, also had the ohm trs 115s, angle wise good and power good, surpringly best of the bunch, however and though only a small thing we do need to take into consideration the nl4 connections are on the rear which I think if any band member/singer were to do the ''rock n roll pose'' of foot on monitors pushing it onto the connections is just asking for trouble,

One of our other venues will be having the martins as is in dire need, so the option of new amps and re coning the lot is not ideal, we are looking to buy 8 + amps, heres the catch budget of 11k, obviously bi amped would be lovely but realistically not sure if possible, were running out of ideas of what to demo so just after any recommendation, unfortunately will only buy new, any help appreciated

cheers toby

Archived