LED vs Discharge

DjSwirl

We put the Q-spot into an install where there budget was not great. Like I said before they worked well. Yeah maybe a little noisy but once the club is open you cant hear them anyway. They guy was impress when he seen what his club looked like for the money he spent.

When I said about the build quality what I meant was I would not feel to comfortable in sending them out on hire like I do the Martin's.

I would most certainly recommend them for an install and feel confident in selling them!

They have opened more doors for Mr nightclub owner that is on a budget but still wants a good light show.

If Chauvet do keep improving the way they are then yes there is a good chance that they will be up there with martin and clay paky.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Likewise with some of their wash lights ... The ColorRADO Batten 72 Tour (which I have as the Showtec CYC2000) actually makes a very good cyc wash for a smaller stage, good colour mixing, dims well, nice beam angle, powercon and 5 pin DMX connections. I've used them alongside the SGM Ribalta and they give it a good run for the money ;)

As someone correctly pointed out above ... Martin started doing disco lights, Robe started doing disco lights.... Showtec/Chauvet and the likes are actually producing some fairly decent kit at the higher end of their product line these days, it's worth a look. I know a venue that was recently evaluating LED kit and had quite a good budget (but not huge) - they could probably have bought some selador or pixel par fixtures, but chose to buy more of the cheaper brands instead because, for their purposes, 30+ lanterns that aren't quite as well built is better and more versatile than 4 or 5 lanterns that are that bit better

Archived