Mats

Angelic

Guest lightnix
As for burying cables in the ground/under the turf, I remember de-rigging some 125A 3 phase cabling after one particularly wet fireworks night, from under the turf, and can I tell you how unpleasant it was...
I had some guys about to do that to my Vari-lite snake a while ago. Luckily I got there just in time and was able to get them to wrap it in polythene first. Made the derig far less messy, let me tell you :stagecrew: Definitely recommended for all cable burying activities !

What has worked for me before, depending on the cable length/weight is create a suspension system utilising that extremely heavy amp/dimmer rack, (install a scaffold tube to one side) and the FOH mixing position/building supplying the power. Run a steel wire between the top of the scaff tube and the cable source then cable tie the cable to it up out of harms way.

Alternatively sink a scaff tube a few feet into the ground (grass not concrete) and brace it up.

Just a suggestion

Owen

Suddenly Remembered a Company I saw at Plasa a couple of years back (their key ring is on my spare car keys!) Lewden do things like drive over cable mats etc. It might be worth having a look at their site.

Peter

Update: Checked the site myself and you might need to dig hard to find anything! but I'm sure that was the name so apologies if you go on a wild goose chase!

Archived