New desk for £500?

deskkky

Ahh, I see what you mean :D

So that desk says it can have 96 cuestacks across 2 banks of the 48 fadders means I could program 96 scenes or chases then play them back real time by pushing the correct fadder up/down.

So we could use bank A as fadders for each channel, then Bank B as scenes and chases?

It has a fadder labeled 'speed' do you think that that would control cuestack playback speed?

Thanks allot :D

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So would this desk be ok for what I want?

No, it's not really big enough - that's a 48 DMX channel console.

You have 24 dimmer channels, plus 24 RGB LED channels, plus the 6 scans which are 5 channels each.

That's 78 DMX channels in total - 48 for dimmers and LED, 30 for the scans.

However, many LED pars are actually 5 channels (Strobe and 'control'), so you'd need 94 total - or 64 if you don't include the scans.

The Stairville 24-48 may be able to control the dimmers and the LED cans, but that would completely fill it with no space whatsoever for anything extra.

- If your LED cans aren't actually 3 channel, then you don't have the space for the extra functions, though you would be able to do a soft-patch to avoid the extra channels for each.

You really should be looking for something that has some space to expand.

- Particularly as LED pars are very cheap, you're quite likely to want some more of those in the future, so you'll want to get a console that has some space for them.

But the bit that really made me chuckle was that ANY lighting desk would be needed for the general run of the mill day to day users like parish meetings, gym class for the locals, toddler groups etc. The meat & 2 veg of the hall's income wouldn't and shouldn't be affected by whatever desk is in use for stage lighting!!

I guess it depends on the level of commercial activity - although with the increasing deployment of LED technology beyond the stage (battens for mood lighting etc.), the chances of a system experiencing daily use do seem to be getting higher, and therefore requiring that the caretaker can indeed switch it on! and gym classes seem to quite like disco lights...

But you are absolutely correct: any system must add value to activities, not preclude any of the halls other business, and there should always be a conventional backup! So indeed maybe OTT in the OP's situation.

Having said that I understand that zero88 are ceasing production of the jester range and therefore are looking to sell off there stock. speak to them and see what they say

Hi all,

I would like to categorically state that this is untrue. The jesters are and remain one of our most popular products and as such we have no plans to discontinue production of these products.

Peter

Sorry about the misunderstanding peter. Must have heard wrong. good news its staying I'm hoping to buy one myself.

Archived