Lighting Observation. Got any stories?

Jamtastic3

A few months back I was in a club, and noticed a load of parcans top-rigged on a truss, a good 30 ft above the audience, with no safeties.

I would have informed the authorities, but whilst I managed to remember the lack of safeties, in my inebriated state I wasn't sober enough to remember where the club actually was.

Edit: Audience? Whatever you call them in a club. Customers. That's a better word.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My geeky sin is to look at wire rope terminations, and say to people things like "don't walk under there, the dogs are the wrong way round." A few years ago, a group of venue staff I was working with were watching a festival on the telly. It was dreadful, the lampies were commenting on the rig, the noise boys on the PA, even the stewards in the venue were commenting on the way the security were handling the crowd! We all need to get out more (and promise not to look up)

Archived