Do you know where I can get some Gels Urgently (I.e. Today)

JohnA

I am in the Chalfont's area so I am looking at High Wycombe, Watford, Uxbridge or Slough areas.

Does anyone have any idea where I can get a few full size sheets of blue Gels for a performance tonight? Yes I know it is short notice!

We are putting on a performance in the local Community Centre and all our Gels have been taken. We had a few odd Gels lying around, but not enough blue.

Before anyone suggests A.C. Entertainment Technologies in High Wycombe, yes I have tried them. They have a policy if you want to come and collect you have to spend £50. I have explained the predicament I am in with a performance tonight, they tell me I can order a few Gels online, but I can't come and pay and collect.

Does anyone else know of any other places locally?

Many thanks

Thanks Greg, but AC Lighting as I said above will not let be collect unless I spend £50.

It's their policy. They suggested I order online and have it sent in the post, but that is no good for tonight's and tomorrows shows.

Thanks Gafferted,

On your recommendation I have tried both

Stage Control are not answering the phone. I will keep trying, maybe they are at lunch?

Stage Two in Watford, doesn't have any Blue

But thanks for the recommendation

Thanks Greg, but AC Lighting as I said above will not let be collect unless I spend £50.

It's their policy. They suggested I order online and have it sent in the post, but that is no good for tonight's and tomorrows shows.

Perhaps you could make the order up to £50 by ordering more gell, or lamps or other consumables ?

Might be cheaper and simpler than a long drive or paying for taxi or courier deleviry.

Junior

Good idea, I have tried two, both waiting for someone to get back to me.

Also tried two other local groups, but it's hard to get hold of the right person on a Friday afternoon.

Regards

P.S. Got to go back down to the Community Centre now, check in again in about hour

Stage Control do shut for lunch I believe.

I'm in Watford and have some kicking around, may even have the odd full sheet.

If you're really stuck and not too fussed about getting exactly the right shades I can probably lend you some to get by with.

I'll PM you with a phone number.

Eddie

I can loan you some - also based in Watford - you can come and rummage through my gel bag if you wish. Will PM you my number.

Alternatively Terry Tew (not that close, as they are in Essex) have helped me out before, and will cab stuff over to you if you want to spend the money. 0208 502 2943

Or you could try Gradav in Edmonton:

Gradav Hire And Sales Ltd

Unit C6, Hastingwood Trading Estate

35 Harbet Road

Edmonton London

N18 3HU

Phone 020 8803 7400

Jason

Archived