Small but half decent speaker

JLEvents

I'll be looking at an estate / people carrier so will have that bit of extra space and yes need to also fit in cd players mixer, lights, stands and sometimes even the wife!!

One option on the transport front might be to think about towing. Get a smallish box trailer, and if you have a garage or lock-up, you can keep the trailer in there between gigs, reasonably secure, with the added bonus that you don't need to unpack after every show. (Plus you don't rip the interior of your car to shreds with flightcases)

I'll be looking at an estate / people carrier so will have that bit of extra space and yes need to also fit in cd players mixer, lights, stands and sometimes even the wife!!

As for thepower to be honest as long as the music is loud enough on the dancefloor I don't mind it not filling the room as I know people like to chat to family they haven't seen in years etc.

I had a little look round for the HZ stuff before but couldn't find any prices.

Depends if you want new or used. I can help you with either. It's up to you.

I've thought about the trailer route but I just don't have the space for it. Nice idea though. Seen a couple of packages on the Thomann website, are they ok to buy from with them being in Germany or wherever they are?

You might just be able to squeeze a used nexo ps10 rig into your £1200 budget. Alternatively, how about a powered RCF Art 410 rig with the powered db tech 15" sub. Thomann price is about £1300 so you should be able to shop around and get it for a slightly better price. You could also retire/sell the QSC amp to save space. I've had a lot of success using a 310 rig with the 12" db sub for about 100-120 people, so hopefully with the extra bottom end and better tops you will have sufficient coverage.

Seen a couple of packages on the Thomann website, are they ok to buy from with them being in Germany or wherever they are?

Yes. The only thing that's ever been a problem for me has been "wall warts" that don't fit UK sockets, but that will not be a problem for what you want.

If you wanted to go for active tops as well, the how about this setup?

If you are looking at that setup you can save nearly 300 quid by buying the components individually. :blink:

I'm another dB Technology user and have used a pair of older Opera 215's for DJ'ing up to around 150 people. I'd maybe go for more powerful tops than the 210's - something like the 410's or 402's might be better.

James.

If you are looking at that setup you can save nearly 300 quid by buying the components individually. :blink:

Well spotted James. In fact the Sub shown in the pictures is not the one in the description. The picture is of the SUB 15 D, in which case the price is about right. A call to Thomann before ordering would be a good idea.

Would the Nexo PS10's be powerful enough on their own or do you mean with a sub as they're lookin pretty expensive :( If I'm honest I'm already quote keen on the db stuff, it seems to get mentioned a lot and not heard much bad about them. The fohnn is a bit more than the wife would let me spend I think.

Archived