more eBay fraud

lx999

Sorry needed to add one more reply (which sadly probably won't be the last).

HOORAY, I thought I was a lone, some one I agree with.

LET IT ALONE.

If I need something to go to sleep with I will go read the cable tie thread.

If I want to read a liable case in the making I will read this thread.

PLEASE, can we have some fact based intelligent discussion, or don't bother.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest lightnix

I'm sorry, gareth, but for once I disagree with you. Someone who has read a thread in its entirety and then commented on it, cuts far more ice with me than somebody who skip reads a thread and then makes a partially / ill-considered post, without having fully grasped the issues.

I'm concerned about the way this thread is going. I think it's turning into finger-pointing and taking on unpleasant overtones of witch-hunting, with potential defamation / libel issues for the Blue Room as a result. The issues raised in the early stages of this thread and the advice given, may have been useful to begin with, but there seem to be a few "me too" posts going on now, which serve no other purpose than to boost the do-gooding egos of the posters IMHO.

I really have got more than half a mind now, to contact the sellers of the last two items and point them at this thread. Surely if they are going to have unproven and possibly baseless accusations of criminal activity levelled at them behind their backs, they should be given the opportunity to answer those accusations and call the people who made them to account, should they so decide. I've got a lot to do this morning, but we'll see how it's going later.

One more time...

We are not the Police and we're not here to be the Police. If you want to be the Police, go and join the Police.

If you can't back up your accusations with some proof, then don't make them.

Edited for grammar

I'm sorry, gareth, but for once I disagree with you.  Someone who has read a thread in its entirety and then commented on it, cuts far more ice with me than somebody who skip reads a thread and then makes a partially / ill-considered post, without having fully grasped the issues.

Well, yes, I see where you're coming from, and I suppose I agree with you up to a point. Perhaps I was a bit harsh.

A while ago I did see 2 Studio Colors inc flight cases on Ebay for £400. I emailed Ebay that I was suspious about the auction. Ebay firstly sent me a generic reply then a day later sent me one thanking me for reporting the item which they had removed and deleted the offender user ID

I didn't accuse the seller directly of being a fraud just provided Ebay with link to AC's used equipment pages which had similar kit at the proper price and left it upto Ebay

That process seemed to work fine. I didn't bother with checking serial numbers etc as I felt it was too good to be true etc etc.

I have been reading this thread for a while and I am with 'nix and Adrian because it is unfair to just go round pointing the finger and chatting about kit that may or may not be stolen on some internet auction site without any proof, Its like the modern internet equivelent of old woman curtain twitching!!

Like Tekkie said if you really think there is an issue inform ebay by reporting the item to them. They will take it from there. Alternitivly if you have solid evidence or you think it could be your own kit then go to the police or ring up ebay.

Sam

Edited for mistakes

Archived