Vendetta Trussing - Thomann

techie.rory

I'm pretty certain it is Chinese. The website is a bit hopeless but not the comment that this is the complete range and we do not do custom pieces - so just an importer.

Since china buy up most of our steel and ali scrap which is then exported to them, if the products are able to be certified, then they could be as good. Chinese product quality is determined by price and demand - so if Thomann are selling the stuff, then the liability is theirs too - so would they sell untested product within the EU? No doubt test results will appear soon. Even CPC are selling Global truss now.

Remember though, just because it has a Safe Working Load of Xkg it doesn't mean it's good truss!

Cheaper truss will be more prone to damage. Once truss is damaged, it doesn't have a SWL of anything.

If the ali is to the same standard and the welding too, then we could have evidence of strength - but the Thomann aluminium coding T67082 is being compared to AlMgSi 1 F31/EN AW 6082 T6 which is a European one. I've no idea of the difference, or even if they could be the same. Any metallurgists around?

• 7 months later...

If the ali is to the same standard and the welding too, then we could have evidence of strength - but the Thomann aluminium coding T67082 is being compared to AlMgSi 1 F31/EN AW 6082 T6 which is a European one. I've no idea of the difference, or even if they could be the same. Any metallurgists around?

As far as I can see, 6082 is the specific mix in the alloy, and T6 is the tempering. 6082 T6 is recommended for high stress applications, e.g. truss, so is the right stuff.

The vendetta T6 7082 sounds similar but I can't find any reference to it outside of China. And even if it is suitable, there's no guarantee that's what they actually used.......

Also worth noting that Vendetta has a wall thickness of 1.6mm, but Global is 2.0 or 3.0mm.

Don't think I'd put more than a few parcans on the cheap stuff without seeing some proper certificates for it.

Archived