ETC Eos Family Software

edmonston

I think the poster means a DMX spike, i.e. you turn everything off and as the console/node/what ever spits out DMX powers down you notice your rig that was off now has a few random lights on.

:off:

wow that emoticon is grumpier than I expected. I mean to say I'm going off topic.

Right, That. What we can't figure out is why. We know that the people who fitted the theatre did something wrong to make lights blow quicker, but I'm not sure if this can be pinned to them

We know that the people who fitted the theatre did something wrong to make lights blow quicker, but I'm not sure if this can be pinned to them

Eh??

If your lamps are blowing quicker than expected the first place I'd look is at the incoming supply. If your single phase voltage isn't the same as your lamp rating (eg 240v incoming, and you're using 230v rated bubbles) that's something that can seriously reduce lamp life...

but from what I can tell, he's one of the 'not broken, don't fix it' people.
That attitude is understandable if you already have a show/tour programmed using a console/system thats running a certain version of the software and you haven't had any problems with it.. But, as part of general maintenance/prep (if your a hire/prod company), console software should be updated to the latest version/patches installed, as and when they come out.

That said, can you not advise the school that the simple job of upgrading would be in their interests anyway??
See, f the situation were slightly different I'd just say go and install the update yourself! Perhaps one way to make your point would be to just patch/program a show up offsite with the OLE and then if you have any trouble loading it into the desk, you've got yourself a pretty airtight argument as to why it should be upgraded.

Archived