Fete Kit List

Tom Lovick

That cable channeling is fine for offices and indoors - especially if you can tape it down - but outdoors it tends to be pretty ineffective.

Some nice wide rubber mats are far less likely to get twisted up by people's feet.

I've got several to do this summer, and I'd just add - if you are have speakers 'spread around the site' then you'll need rubber matting or other stuff to cover speaker runs. One careless trip and a speaker tripod topples, with a child underneath.

You could always just leave a bit of slack at the bottom of the speaker...

I've got several to do this summer, and I'd just add - if you are have speakers 'spread around the site' then you'll need rubber matting or other stuff to cover speaker runs. One careless trip and a speaker tripod topples, with a child underneath.

You could always just leave a bit of slack at the bottom of the speaker...

Or take your lawn edge tool to cut a slot in the turf to bury it ( Acknowledgement to V.Capel ).

Or take your lawn edge tool to cut a slot in the turf to bury it ( Acknowledgement to V.Capel ).

But not if you've pinned your twisted twin with map pins :rolleyes:

Some screw-in tent anchors mean speaker stands can be tied down to the ground

Wow!

I'm not providing a PA system for a large event!! Only a church fete!!

No dodgy burger vans, all the food is provided by the church :P

Its the stuff like this that I am looking for:

Several copies of the RA. Supplies of food and drinking water for rig and derig - the burger van will be gone long before you are and even in June dehydration can be a problem. Sunblock (you never know....) Something to keep your tarpaulin wrapped 13A connectors off the waterlogged ground (or some IP6/7 connectors) Moist toilet wipes/loo roll/hand sanitiser/babywipes (if it's portaloos) Umbrella. A handful of cheap disposable waterproof plastic ponchos for the crew. Camera - take reference pictures of the rig in case you get the gig again. 40mA 40mS RCD - unless you trust the venue power supply to have a properly working one. Putting two in series won't do any harm. Sharp edged spade - cutting into the turf to tuck cables underground may be necessary in places. <br class="Apple-interchange-newline">

But yet again you have not said what you are personally responsible for, and what services you are contracted to provide.

Until you do this, then no-one on this forum can give you realistic accurate advice.

Archived