Thomann delivery time

Mr Steve

'lo

I've orderd some stuff from Thomann (amp and a 1U blank plate) on Jan 21st. It's now Feb 21st and I still don't have it. Should it be taking this long? What experiences have you had with getting stuff hauled over to the UK?

I did email them a few days ago, but I've heard nothing back :D

Phone them - they speak very good English.

I bought some stuff just before Christmas. Delivery seemed to take ages, and no response to emails. It turns out that one item was out of stock, even though it said "in stock" when I ordered, and they were waiting for it to come back in before shipping the whole lot.

So I cancelled that one item, and they shipped the rest - 3 boxes.

One arrived here (Scotland) 2 days later. Another the following day, and one 5 days later.

Fortunately it all arrived by Christmas.

But phone them - they're OK to deal with on the phone.

Bruce.

good advice. their new stock level indicator helps, but if they put things on back order, they can take ages till the next lot turs up. Normally, I've been very impressed with their service. Ricardo Albuquerque de costa, Kai Dietrich

and Ivan Smith (who's german too, despite his name) are all excellent people to deal with

I've always found that whith Thomann things either arrive immediatly or they take forever, there doesn't seem to be a middle ground.

I have had things delivered to bizzare locations before.

For example if I'm working out of an arts centre building a show and I want some items delivered I give them that as a delivery address and they are fine about it.

I then place another order a couple of months later and they ignore my specified delivery address and sent it to the previous address?!?

When questioned they say they can only deliver to the cardholders address (which is neither of the two) so they assumed the first was my cardholders address.

Sometimes they also have a habit of mangling UK addresses and so I've had couriers unable to deliver beccause not enough of the address was transcribed at the relevent point in the dispatch process.

It's all sorted now. It was a company credit card that we used, and it was rejected becuase we were making a payment abroad without telling the bank.

Would have been nice if Thomann had contacted us though.

Cheers :huh:

Further OT...

My delivery time was OK only 3 days, though I ordered a new cable for my Sennheiser headphones, and it was sent in a box big enough to contain 12 Rolls of Gaffa.

Even further OT..

We received a box from Sun once. A large,but strangely lightweight box. About the same size as you might get a 19" monitor in... not heavy, but bulky enough to make it awkward to lift without 2 people.

Inside the box was lots of polystyrene foam chips. We dug through that, and found another box. A big flat one this time.

We opened that, and found some bubble-wrap.

And inside the bubble wrap was.......

...... a piece of paper with a software license key printed on it. A license which they had already emailed to us several days earlier!

Even more interestingly, it had been sent from their factory which is about 20 miles from here. But had been shipped via Rotterdam.

Bruce.

Even Further, further OT

...... a piece of paper with a software license key printed on it. A license which they had already emailed to us several days earlier!

Maplins once sent me 1m of Heat-shrink tubing in a *Gigantic* Parcel tube. I assume because they didn't want to bend it ?!? :S

Archived