Colour Changers

si_cole

Hi,

Looking to get some decent colour changers - need to be DMX, have one channel purely for dimming purposes and a wide variety of colours (and gobos if preferable). Looked at stuff like Soundlab, Martin and I-Rock but do any of you have any suggestions/recommendations?

Cheers

Si

you could possibly try Martin cx-2's, they have colour and gobo changing. Although I think that one channel operation is just stand alone to sound.

I have four of them at my arts centre but haven't had time yet to work them out properly. They seem kinda funky and the gobos are a nice added extra, especially if you work in four channel mode -mixing colour and shape.

Hope this is useful, check cx-2's out here

http://www.martin.com/product/product.asp?product=cx-2

Eldar

you could possibly try Martin cx-2's, they have colour and gobo changing.

I've used 2 cx-2's before but had problems driving them from a Zero88 Alcora/Elara desk - issues with DMX standard - in the end I had to use a Behringer LC2412 to get them to work.

The gobos are good etc but the units are not terribly bright - depends what your budget is and application.

The iRock looks very good value and they have a 250 discharge version but I know nothing about this brand.

Depending on your budget, you could consider Cx-4's or look at Robes ColorMix 150AT Profile - very nice gobos (including glass ones) and a 19deg beam angle (I think).

Andrew.

Archived