Olympic fall-out

DonkiDonki

They will sell it as B stock if they do sell it on but most of it will be hire stock or used as demo stock. I dont think there that much stock really as it worth too much to buy so it been lent to show off I would say.

For those with long memories GoDove (AKA Butchers) also did the disposal sale at the dome, There were 1000's of silver Source 4 pars and lots of us bought a few but all the spreader lenses were in one big lot so all but one buyer was disappointed. :( What an adventure that disposal was, and most of it has been replaced now the dome is active again . Its all what vans are for.

After sitting through a very lengthy BT/logoc conference in canary wharf the other day, all there kit is on loan from manufacturers etc and will be going back under control of a separate contract. Possibly the same fate for most of the AV kit?

For those with long memories GoDove (AKA Butchers) also did the disposal sale at the dome, There were 1000's of silver Source 4 pars and lots of us bought a few but all the spreader lenses were in one big lot so all but one buyer was disappointed. :( What an adventure that disposal was, and most of it has been replaced now the dome is active again . Its all what vans are for.

Interestingly, the audio kit for the Dome was organised differently, and done on more of a lease basis, where the manufacturers got the kit back and sold it on, typically into other (non-UK) markets.

The market is going to be flooded with a lot of small marquees (there's something like 500 2x2m pagoda's on olympic sites in London alone) and grandstand/bucket seating (Olympic park will be shedding 50,000 seats straight after the games, similar situation at other sites) as well as lots of very mundane stuff like crowd-control barrier, recycling bins etc.

A lot of my suppliers are buying in new kit for the Olympic contracts and have told me I will see it later this and next year as they are planning to sell off / dispose of older kit from the hire fleet.

This will mean an accelerated replacement program but does mean the ex-olympic kit will all need replacing at the same time in a few years.

Looks like we will benefit in the near future but may see this stuff hanging around for longer as the one off purchase power will not be around again.

I know that a number of 103" plasmas are being pushed back through the channel after the games - they have already been offerred. Will be re-boxed and with full warranty, and the sooner you commit to them the cheaper they are. Savings of around £10k from trade available....

• 2 weeks later...

Archived