Strand Syntax...

Techno_Monkey

Was hoping someone here could help...

Do you know of a command that allows you to create multiple, say 100, cues or FX steps (blank or with identical data) in one or two lines of syntax??

For example, programming an effect where you change attributes on a single fixture for one cue, but wish it to revert to its original state in the next cue, with the next fixture doing exactly the same and so on....without having to individually create every cue or step.

I know it is possible to create each cue individually or to write a macro that creates the next cue in order at the press of a single button, but I was hoping it could be done without having to hit the macro button 100 times!

Hope you understand what I mean...

Many thanks

Mr Monkey

EDIT: with regards to a 500 series console

You could use the {loop} softkey which appears when you record a cue - works in the same kind of way as recording a {link} into a cue but rather than linking back to the start of a sequence ad infinitum you can specifiy the number of journeys the playback will make through the sequence before carrying on as normal. Then, if you create a macro for creating new cues using the [shift]-[next] syntax (which selects the next available whole number), call it from the looped cue and have cue run the required number of times, that should have the desired effect of creating the number of cues that you need to have as a base-point for your editting.

My point is that I know that typing

[cue] [10] [time] [1] [*] will create a blank cue 10 (if it doesn't already exist)

I therefore believe that you can type:

[cue][10][thru][100][time][1][*]

to create a run of cues. You may also be able to type

[record][cue][1][thru][100][*] but I dunno - would need to try it out..

[cue] [10] [time] [1] [*] will create a blank cue 10 (if it doesn't already exist)

I therefore believe that you can type:

[cue][10][thru][100][time][1][*]

to create a run of cues. You may also be able to type

[record][cue][1][thru][100][*] but I dunno - would need to try it out..

Hmmm, might work. Never tried it! If I think on, I'll give it a go tomorrow.

im pretty sure that it will only create or re-record cue 10. ive tried [cue]1[thru]5[record][record]. I think that it didnt work for me, cant remember.

On a similar Strand Syntax vein

When assigning macros to sub bumps (read 520 here) sub page 1 would be macros 101 thru 124 for subs 1-24. If I want to use [shift] sub 1 - would that be macro 125 (and onwards to 148)??

Before I write a ton of macros on my OLE and then screw up - the joys of still having a PC that has Win 98 still kicking about ;)

Sadly I have the full manual in front of me - but my eyes glaze over before the right page appears

Thanks

Okay got that - which has upset my understanding (I thought sub page one was 1xx, page two 2xx etc)

with that in mind what Macro number would each page use? Bearing in mind all 6 pages of subs would take me to 244 - or is that correct?

Does anyone know the exact place in the manual this is discussed specifically rather than in general terms as is the Strand norm (IMO)

PS. Thanks to Peter and Gareth for their assistance thus far

Archived