iPad v Android tablet

RoyS

Much of the discussion has centred on which product is better for doing general admin tasks without changing your workflow - as someone who uses android extensively that wins hands down.

However when considering it in the context of using it for production work, whether it be midi show control, VNCing or using any of the host of dedicated apps for consoles, my experience is that the ipad is a more reliable and robust product, and the plethora of apps for it make it a no brainer in favour of the ipad for any jobbing LD or Soundie looking for a riggers remote/ wireless mixing device.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My wife has an iPad and an iPhone. I find them both incredibly frustrating. But I am a geek. You cannot do anything without going via iTunes or iCloud.

I have an Asus Transformer Prime and an HTC One X and both of these allow me to connect via wi-fi, ftp or AirSync. Oh, and Blutooth - which Apple has but it is crippled so as not to be any use.

I say if you are a regular punter and just want to do regular things then Apple products are okay. As soon as you wish to do anything remotely like - I dunno - BEING IN CONTROL - you are out of luck.

Having said all that, the Chamsys remote is way better and more fully realised on iOS than it is on Android.

And as much as I love my Transformer, its wireless is rubbish. They know that and have sent me a little plugin doodad for it.

That's rubbish too.

Archived