Mic Stand Bags that don't suck

Stuart91

I have had one of these for about 6 months

http://www.thomann.de/gb/millenium_touring_trolley.htm

I picked one up following this initial thread, as recommended by James Parrett

if you are precious about great quality stands then this may not be for you but I have a motley collection of stands that have been around for a while and pulse (cpc) stands both large and small. they are to a great extent disposable but to be honest none of them have come to any harm either in vans or in venues (not a scratch that I can see). there are straps inside much like straps in suitcases, which are partially helpful.

we usually put around 6 to 8 boom stands in there and 2 or 3 small booms, plus a pair of speaker poles.

and that's about as much weight as you want to put in one of them - even though there is still space for a little more.

they lay flat well enough and drag along nicely on their wheels but with said content they are really a 2 person lift into a vehicle - but you can usually manage on your own if you have to. the only problem is that depending how you pack them it's difficult to stand them upright unless you have a corner or something to lean them on. to be honest this is a minor issue.

another is they are just a little too short for lighting stands. not withstanding this, they are very sturdy - the zips are sturdy and have held up fine so far.

- whoever is in charge of thomann's own brand buy in policy is definitely getting it right.

at 40 quid if it starts to fail after 3 years I wouldn't hesitate to buy another - and while these are on the market at this price I would never consider a carry bag again.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived