Lighting not working

school tech

It is just a thought, but is the board set up for WIDE (24 channels) or preset, where it only outputs 12 channels? I use a Zero 88 Alcora which has a similar setup and it always catches me out. The default is 12 channels I believe, so if some of your dimmers are patched to higher channels then they will not operate.

I tried that and none of the 14 other lights worked in the working socket, only the original light would come up, but when I try them on the rig in one of the other class rooms they all work fine.

So this seems to tell us:

•  
  • The lanterns and lamps are working (they work on the rig of another classroom)
  • The socket connects properly with power and data(one light does light up when turned on in its socket)

The only thing that can be wrong, as I see it, is that the light that works in the socket is a particular type of light that works with that particular socket. Maybe the light that works is a standard "old fashioned" fresnel, profile or par and the others are something like an LED Par that needs hard power and DMX rather than dimmed power? Maybe the other classrooms only have hard power not dimmed power?

Could you tell us what type of lights work in that socket and which don't?

Some other basic things to try.

Can you manually drive the dimmer on to a level from the front panel menu on your dimmer rack? This will proove that the rack is basically working and capable of driving lamps.

Are you sure that you are getting a valid DMX signal from your desk to the dimmer rack? There is usually some external indication on the rack as to whether or not it is receiving a valid DMX signal.

Do the indicators on your LSC box indicate that all is in order? Try bypassing this box as a test if required.

K

Well, he hasn't exactly been in a hurry to come back with any info. I think the best thing is for a pro to take a look at the install and see whats going on.

The questions are, quite rightly - a bit random and I don't really know what he's actually on about so unable to offer a sensible solution.

Archived