Battery powered led bar/batten

Owen Radmore

Okay thanks for all the ideas..

They need to be battery powered because there is no mains in a convenient location.

Had thought of car battery + invertor option indeed have one which was planned for powering laptop when filming out in field on top of laptop power supply.

Had been looking at "power stations" combined invertors/battery/chargers but don't seem to give enough output for very long without weighing a ton

Have looked at the go-bar,chauvet but dont seem very powerful.

Hi Owen - the battery and inverter combo would seem to be a nice solution HOWEVER the AC waveform that comes off most low end (I hesitate to say cheap) inverters is not a true sine wave and depending on the switch mode supply it's connected to, may cause the PSU to overheat or simply not initialise. Inverters work nicely with transformer fed loads and incandescent filaments as they're not so picky but with the increased use of switch mode supplies to save weight and copper in LED fixtures, it can be a nightmare looking at alternative power sources.

Have you looked at the Chauvet Freedom Strip Mini? It's battery operated and has wireless DMX on board (if you want to or just plug in copper DMX) and might fit the bill. If you want to see one then let me know and I'll talk to Chauvet about getting a demo unit to show you (we've just become a Chauvet Dealer).

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

+ 1 for the gds ones, I know not batterns but - linky

though as stated they are heavy but the flightcase is also the charger, I.e flip down panel powercon in, Inbox me for me details as I dont think I can say call the company I work for on here,

toby

+ 1 for the gds ones, I know not batterns but - linky

though as stated they are heavy but the flightcase is also the charger, I.e flip down panel powercon in, Inbox me for me details as I dont think I can say call the company I work for on here,

toby

I think that you can say for whom you work and what they sell, provided that this is in reply to a specific query and not general advertising.

IIRC it is acceptable to say " I work for ABC limited who can supply you with ZYZ, which I believe would suit your needs"

But frequent posts saying "ABC are wonderful and the XYZ that they sell are much better than everyone elses" would not be acceptable.

Archived