Flight Case Cleaning

AndyJones

Hello Guys,

I have some flight cases that are looking a bit tatty. Firstly they have silk screen printing on them. Can anyone recommend a way of removing it with out damaging the case? I have tried a heat gun and scraping. It works but takes a lot of labor. I wondered about using an iron and a tea towel or something similar?

Is there anything you can paint flight cases with that will return them to black, but is hard wearing enough to last?

Cheers guys,

AndyJones

As far as I can tell, PAL Clean is essentially IPA alcohol in a different tin. We've found IPA works as well and is far cheaper.

Acetone is good for the more stubborn silkscreening. The advantage is that it doesn't eat the plastic underneath. If you really can't shift something, Nitro-Mors is a fairly aggressive paint stripper which will shift almost anything, but there's a fine line between removing the logos and destroying the plastic underneath.

Oven cleaner. The sort you spray on which foams up, leave it to soak for a while and scrub off with a sponge. Gloves are essential and do test (if possible) to make sure it won't eat the plastic.

E.T.A - I was taught this many moons ago as a method of removing signwriting from the side of vans!

Archived