For Goodness Sake

cfmonk

As a general rule pop-ups and gala tents have their uses. They are no substitute for proper temporary structures but not everybody can afford me all of the time and so used correctly (i.e. HELD DOWN SOMEHOW) they can work. As long as there's not much wind. It's a horses for courses thing although it can be a tiny bit frustrating when told "I could buy a marquee for that price" when I've quoted someone, no sir, what you could buy is as far related from what I supply as a Dinky toy is from an Audi. With regards to ratchet straps again, horses for courses. There are specific uses for them in the marquee world BUT there are also things for which they are not suitable.

The real issue is that with "marquees" being made in china for no money and getting bigger all the time people think they can just go it alone. Maybe a 2m x 2m pop-up is not a problem (although I wouldn't like one coming at me at 30 mph) but when you're building a 6m x 15m structure in a public place you've got to start doing things right!

Archived