Hanging Lanterns across a stage?

bricummo

Hi guys,

I'm not actually quite sure if this is possible/already available or out there?

I've basically had an idea for a lighting set I'd like to take on a tour later this year.

I'm kinda after a 'washing line' going across the stage with different sizes of 'paper lanterns' kinda like the old big round ones we had in our houses in the 70s/80s. Ideally they'd just have low wattage bulbs in more for creating an effect and filling the stage as an interesting effect than illumination.

Now is this 'doable' as in having a cable with connectors etc. already made up or is there another way of just fitting these lanterns in? Ideally it would need to be easy to just put up and strip down each night and variable in length.

Sorry if this sounds daft, Im just thinking on my feet ** laughs out loud **.

Cheers in advance,

Bri.

Ah, after a bit more research I've realised I need 'Festoon lighting'! :-)

Does anybody know the best place to buy it from, and also best way to power it?

I'll be touring Europe later this year and using house systems, and the stage sizes will vary from 8 metres wide to about 20 so Ideally I'd need a solution that could be up or downsized?

Any help guys?

Hi We have lots of festoon in 25/50 and 100m lengths, thet are on 3M centres though so may not suit, but then you could double back to amke 1.5 centres? just a thought.

pm me if interested.

we use these for festivals etc. Bc lamp holders

cheers

Archived