Unique hazer stopped hazing....?

jona1984

I had this problem-- no pump, no heater, and I found this post, found the thermal trip, pressed it, and viola-- there was copious haze and the gawds were most pleased. Thank you!

That is the thermal trip.

Afraid not. That's a thermal switch, and is not manually resettable. The thermal trip in my Unique 2 is a small ceramic square with a lever that pokes out of the top. When it trips, the lever needs to be pressed back down. Have a look and see if your Unique (I'm assuming its a version 1) has one.

Assuming the trip has gone the most likely reason (although not always) is from air traps in the line, often following a refill or if the brass collar wasn't engaged correctly in the bottle, which has allowed the vapouriser to run dry.

Are you sure? The Unique 2 works by constantly running air through the heater block. There's a fluid pump which introduces haze fluid into this air stream, and the longer the pump runs the greater the level of haze/smoke. An air trap shouldn't cause over-heating problems. The most likely cause of over heating will be carbon build-up in the heater block. A thin piece of copper wire helps to clear any burnt-on deposits.

Glad we could help. Now you just need to figure out why it tripped in the first place. You might have a build-up of carbon on the nozzle of the heater block, or your air pump might be failing leading to the heater block over-heating, or it may even be the thermocouple on the heater that has failed. If it keeps tripping the thermal trip then those would be the next things to check.

Archived