Converting Headset Mic Plug

wpg3121

Can't find a link but I'm sure I remember some JTS headsets coming with a TA4f to 3.5mm adaptor, a little moulded thing. Am I going crazy? :)

I shudder at the idea of such an adaptor being a single moulded affair - a recipie for disaster having an extra loooooong plug sticking out of a mic pack, just asking to be snapped off at the earliest possible oppotunity. :o

Such an adaptor with a cable between the plug and socket on the other hand..... now that would be worth it's weight in gold (probably cost the same too!) especially if adaptors were available in both directions.

I've got both types so being able to swap headsets around would be bloomin' marvelous :D

All the parts to make those up are available from places like CPC. THe locking jack sockets are quite expensive for what they are you you ought to be able to make an adapter up for about £6. I have a few JTS packs and a few Shure Packs. I'm in the process (slow as I am too busy) of swapping ALL my headsets to 3.5mm (with the exception of the ones for the 5000 series) and using adapters. it's just easier that way.

Archived