New speaker system for small church

AndyEmery

Yep - lots of options available, the hard bit for you is going to be choosing the best value solution with the desired quality. Personally, if it were my church's money I was spending I would start off by seeing if a 2nd hand Nexo PS15 system with 2 tops and at least 2 LS1200 subs, run off a couple of Camco V6s or fp6400s would do the job, as buying a system like that would sound good and give you some serious change from your budget. If it had to be new and shiny I would be looking at some of the L-acoustics stuff out there, which is a really nice solution. SFL are a main L-acoustics dealer so I'm sure would be happy to demo the boxes, or tender for a complete solution.

Having owned them in the past and used them in church settings the very box I would not use is the PS15, you would have to cut too much around 1.5k and boost around 6k

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I agree with the comments about the PS15. The combination of a 15" and a 2 " leaves a gap in the middle when used other than with handhelds at a good level and the only way round it is a graphic curve that looks like the Himalayas. The PS 10's with subs are much better at non rock and roll levels and very nice at prerdominantly vocal stuff. The PS15 is best as a monitor wedge well driven or for VT screen sound when a full lush sound is required.

Archived