buying advice

big mean bunny

Hi Guys

not been on for a while, I am hoping someone can help me. The school I work at is allowing me to put in a proposal for an upgrade and additional equipment to our performing space. My issue is I have never really brought or spec'd lighting before, only used and set it up etc. At the minute I have 3 bars with 24 lights of varying brands and types (all low budget stuff) however I have zero colour whatever, we don't have a way of reaching the lights and the school are really funny about working at height as we are run by a building company they don't even let me change bulbs and try to insist we use there own caretaking firm which charge us silly amounts to do it, so I would like some colour up on our bars that I can change from the desk so am thinking LED obviously. However I have zero idea where to start, I was wondering if anyone could recommend any companies that would be willing to come in and see the space and give me some advice and quote for us? as I want to make sure I get the right kit as the performing space has been unchanged for 10 plus years as far as I have been told.

we are in Sheffield by the way, would massively appreciate any help.

If you would like to contact me off forum I may be able to help. As someone else has mentioned colour scrollers could be the answer and we have used ones at very good prices.

Pete Searles, A C Entertainment Technologies Ltd. 01494 838307

Archived