Festoon alternatives?

TomHoward

I have some of the above lights4fun lights now, but being LED, they rectify the mains to 240DC, and then run in DC strings of 5. Is 240VDC not considered a bit of a risk?

Sorry, series strings of 10 it looks like, so 24v per fitting. The cable between fittings looks like single insulated as well, like old style fairy lights

• 2 years later...
Hi Good afternoon I do not no if anybody can help I have numerous sets of Lights 4 Fun Type C Led festoon lighting which I use myself for various shows etc at this time of year I use them to decorate the outside of my property . I started to put them up yesterday but when I switched the first run on one set failed in a strange way , it consists of 96 clear led lamps the first 48 only just glow but the remainder are working properly ! The plug has two pins but once the first lamp is passed it then becomes three wire Any ideas anybody ?

You'll probably find that between lamps 48 and 49 it goes back to two core briefly, the two continuous cores will be fine and there will be a problem somewhere along the core that connects the first 48 lamps- a dead LED with high resistance or a poor connection somewhere. In my experience caused by someone stretching it too far... I've spent part of the last week sorting this beast out... http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1368601929935497

Archived