Behringer X32 DCA to MIX BUS

ukdeveloper

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You can indeed take a mix bus configured as a group and route it to an auxiliary output jack on the console.

What the OP is trying to do however is take a mix bus configured as a group and then route that to another mix bus configured as an aux. This is what I believe to be impossible without routing it back into a channel input. At the very least, it wasn't possible to do this on Saturday when I had one.

Josh

I haven't tried this but if you want to send an already configured aux bus or a mix of several buses somewhere you can send them to any of the 6 matrix buses which can than be sent to any of 14 outputs Is that what he wants to achieve ?

Don't forget you can download X32-Edit from Behringer so anyone can play with a virtual X32 on their computer, this also doubles as a tablet remote control

That is indeed what I'm alluding to. However, the functionality as requested whereby it is possible to route both Group Mix buses and single channels to the same mix isn't achievable. It's a shame as Midas's Matrix Sends are able to have any channel directly routed to them. I suppose that Behringer had to cut feature creep early on though!

Josh

Hello again, I am replying out of sheer interest not trying to score points as I have an X32 producer but if you wanted to add a single channel to a matrix couldn't you couldn't you send it to a bus and send the bus to the matrix or is this considered wasteful of buses, I have read the original post and it seems to fit the bill or am I still missing something ?

Nope. You aren't missing anything. You can do exactly that. I have a bunch of buses I am not using anyway (as I am sure most X32 users have). It is nice to know there is more there if I want to do more for some reason.

• 3 weeks later...

If you have for example all drums on DCA 1 and then the bass player wants a bit of ALL drums in his monitor, is there anyway to send a dca mix to a mix bus to bring up everything on that DCA through a particular monitor, rather than a sends on fader mix to each bus?

Ta,

UKD.

Unless you have a Midas Pro series, no.

I'd avoid external patching and just throw up a mix on his bus. K/S/H is likely all that you'll really have to mess with.

Archived