LED wash unit

mcnallca

I realise you said non moving, but you dont have to use that feature...

IF your budget can stretch to it then look at the VLX range, id imagine the VLX3 would be bright enough for your situation) they have a really nice dimmer curve and personally I think perfect for theatre!

http://www.vari-lite.com/index.php?src=directory&view=products&srctype=detail&refno=654767&category=SeriesVLX

• 1 month later...

As a follow up to my earlier post I just used some LEDJ Performer 18 Quads in our last show along with 9Q8 and 7Q5. Regards the dimming the most noticeable is not the down curve, but the up curve when they snap on before any conventional tungstens on a Betapack mk 1 have come up much.

Despite that I was very pleased with their brightness/beam angle/features/colour for the price. As per my earlier post, the fans are a little more noisy than hoped.

Kevin

As a follow up to my earlier post I just used some LEDJ Performer 18 Quads in our last show along with 9Q8 and 7Q5. Regards the dimming the most noticeable is not the down curve, but the up curve when they snap on before any conventional tungstens on a Betapack mk 1 have come up much.

Despite that I was very pleased with their brightness/beam angle/features/colour for the price. As per my earlier post, the fans are a little more noisy than hoped.

The "Performer' name has turned round and bitten the distributors a little - they chose the name thinking that it worked for a rock and roll environment and that the noise from the fans would be lost. As it turns out, many folk (ourselves included) took to mean it as "theatrical" when really the fans are very annoying :(

Some of their newer units are better suited to a theatre/small theatre environment - the Alu Tri's and Pixel 8's for example have nice wide and bright beams (the Alu Tri's are akin to a Patt 223/743 in beam angle) and have quieter running fans. The only hiccup that we suffer from with them is the dimming curve - it works nicely down to about 5% then snaps off - a function we're told of making the units flicker free for video. We're working hard to persuade them that a software option (or a hardware version) without the flicker free but a smooth curve would sell 100's.

Archived