Loading Ramp

Chris_R

The suggest 1:12 but 1:15 if possible. However the term "Reasonable Adjustments" is used when applying these regulations. Therefore the in certain circumstances restrictions my limit waht gradient you can use.

We recently started dealing with Aluminium Ramp Company for all our ramps including our disability access ramps. The guys there do excellent loading ramps but they also have indepth knowledge of all the disability regulations.

Hope this helps.

When I bought my Ra'alloy ramp for some strange reason it was way cheaper from Canford than direct from Ra'alloy. Dunno whether it was a limited offer or not, but worth an enquiry, I guess!

The comment about the sharp edges is not to be sniffed at either - those serrations really are brilliant for grip on a wet load-out but they will open you up like a cheese-grater if you are not careful. Someone who foolishly decided to "give me a hand", despite my refusal, stumbled at the top of the ramp with a sacktruck. He ended up half way down, with a gaping knee wound and 2 knuckles showing bone, bleeding like a stuck pig. I had to take him to hospital and his imminent rock-climbing holiday had to be scrapped. Two years later I know he still hasn't regained the strength in that hand (he was one of those hang-by-your-fingertips-off-the-Eiger nutters). A cautionary tale!! But I did tell him I didn't want any help.........

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All

With respect to the sharp serrations on Ra`alloy Ramps they are now doing a carpet floor in their ramps as well as the normal stuiff. It is quieter to wheel up and ribbed all of the way across so their is less chance of injury

Archived