Leapfrog fixtures

salmon52

If this is the same IP rated batten which is labeled the VIS56 then I think you're onto something with timing issues. We have to slow the DMX down a bit and send full frame for them to behave. Once that's happening it's alright.

Josh

How do you do this Josh? On the console or with a buffer? We use Jands S1 or S3 wing running from a PC. I assume the DMX stream is created from desk itself?

I have found that using a Showtec DMX merge on marginal equipment helps, as it changes the DMX timing, or could change the DMX stream. Helps get DMX strobes working on several different desks. See if you can borrow one to try. There is no mention in the manual of DMX timing.

Tom, I doubt if a splitter will change anything because it just does electrical isolation. A merger is different because it has to interpret the digital data in each of the input DMX streams then generate a new DMX stream using its own DMX generator, and it is that which would change the timing (the width of the data bits in the digital serial data stream). Kevin

On the visage led battens supplied by Batmink I've had this sort of problem (using avo desk). I eventually found that it didn't happen if you ran the unit at 80% or less brightness and I think it is a power supply problem in the fixture. Dunno if this is related to your problem.

• 2 weeks later...
Further to my Visage posting earlier. I now have a leaflet telling me settings. The reason for posting here is that the symptoms described sounds a bit like you get with my units if you have them set up in six channel mode rather than 4 channel. The former has a brightness channel which workd up to 189 DMX. If you go 190 to 250 you get strobing at an increasing speed. This sounds a bit like the flashing thing suggested and has absolutely nothing to do with power supplies etc!

Tom, I doubt if a splitter will change anything because it just does electrical isolation. A merger is different because it has to interpret the digital data in each of the input DMX streams then generate a new DMX stream using its own DMX generator, and it is that which would change the timing (the width of the data bits in the digital serial data stream). Kevin

Ahhh, ok, I missed the important bit there, thanks.

Hi Rob,

I worked on the pantomime with Salmon.

Out of frustration we called out someone from the company we bought the units from. The guy walked in and ended up videoing what the rig was doing as the random strobing and colours were quite spectacular and he wanted to show his workmates.

The units were recalled by the company and we ended up hiring other LED fixtures to get us through the performances.

Not much help, but that was the only solution we could find.

The VIS067 was fabulous though!

m_i

Archived