LED Fixtures, Your preferred unit

stormster

Sorry to keep asking lots of questions but I am just exploring different ideas for a show I am designing at the moment and I think some LED products could work lovely!!

Just wondered if anyone had used the Chromastips for applications like downlighting steps etc. etc. and how it worked in practice??

Thanks all,

Sam

[

Retrofit a bit of frosted Perspex on the top...?

From the pics on the sgm site, it seems that the palcos have a whopping great base on them, the pulsars can be (with the aid of some liberal cable tie application) flush mounted against truss or on sets, and they look really neat and clean, plus the perspex front goes right to the edges of the fixture on the chroma panels, I Dont think I'd be able to get the same out of the palcos. I suppose I'm just after chroma panels withoutall the silly pulsar drawbacks.

I haven't checked out the chroma panels in particular detail, but the other pulsar LED fixtures are basically a 24V supply and four (RGBW) 10V control lines (check their website for exact details on this). Therefore, they can be controlled by supplying them with a 24V feed and four channels output from a DMX decoder (or an analogue desk!).

Not necessarily the best way of doing it for every situation, but it does give you an option if you have a DMX control system already in place.

The SGM Palcos are a very nice unit, the attached Base houses the PSU and DMX Card. Therefore this unit runs like any other DMX fixture unlike many of the other LED products which need a PSU per 8 and then dedicated cabling from the PSU which I always think is too many things to go wrong.

As for Diffusion the palcos have a range of different lenses which are changed quite quickly at the moment they do a 8°, 25°, 40°, elliptical 10° x 22° but there was talk of adding a range of effects one being diffused panel, might be worth contacting them to see if thats happened. they are distributed in the UK by Lightfactor Sales.

Archived