Sennheiser EW300/500 G3

DavidHart

The beltpacks are nicely built and are pretty strong. I've had issues with ours where the down button gets stuck and has to go off for repair. It may be that cornish sand though...

Josh

Without wishing to hijack the thread, I have the facilities to repair/replace these buttons and have done a few of my G3 packs. It is ALWAYS the down button for some reason. Josh, let me know if you need any more doing and you can perhaps chuck them in your bag on a run from down south to Derby etc.

Rob

It is ALWAYS the down button for some reason.

My experience has been the same, several broken / iffy down buttons and no problems with any of the others...

It's worth mentioning that Sennheiser have an excellent spares site available, and it's laudable that they still have quite a lot of spares available for G1 systems which have been out of production for almost a decade now.

It is ALWAYS the down button for some reason.

I've had issues also with up button, but down gets broken more often. Other thing to be aware is the minijack, after couple years of use it will wear out and you get occasional pops or noise.

At my daily work we use Ansmann accu's, they are still fine up to 7 - 8 hours after 3 years. At side work I use Trantec, and I'm happy with them. Only issues are battery doors and clips. I can get through 3 rehearsals and shows with single AA, which is very nice.

David, I tried to send you PM, have you received it?

Archived