Buying 54x3w leds x 10 nos for general lighting a small stage

plainman007

Buying from China isn't complicated and normally the people who deliver them will charge you the VAT and import duty, which of course has also been paid by a distributer. There are risks of course, but the wash lights I bought to use myself I sold and have now reordered 3 times. The Fedex man is getting quite chatty. I've got enough in stock to not worry about any faults - as I can swap them out if need be, and getting new bits isn't that tricky now - in a year, probably impossible, but that's life. For the price, I'm very happy.

My advice on LED fixtures is to buy "all in 1" as the colour shadows from separate RGBW led's are very noticeable. The lens used in front of the all in 1 led emitter will determine if you get a small amount of colour fringing.

This article Collimating lamp with well color mixing of red/green/blue LED's explains the process with nice diagrams.

If you get budget led fixtures and are prepared to do some looking, you can put better TIR lenses in your fixtures. The replacement lenses have to be optically and mechanically compatible.

You have 54 LEDs that have in each one 4 separate elements.

Paul, I'm not sure these are all in one LEDs, particularly at 3W each for an RGBW LED. Normally they are rated at 8-10W per RGBW LED.

I think these may be 54 x individually coloured 3W LEDs

Archived