Looking for a new console

anttech

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have not used the orb but have used the leap frog/ solution.

I have found Zero88 products to be of a fantastic build quality. They always feel solid. I do think that there software has some issues which they are trying to sort but often when you fix one problem you find another.

I have found their support really good. I do feel that they could do with a few more staff but the guys they do have know the products and believe in the products.

I feel that the Frog range of desks was not the best, not many people liked the green look, but they have changed that and relaunched desks and moved away from this. The solution is the leap frog rebadged and it looks so much nicer.

I am not a massive fan of there encoder wheels I find them abit annoying but will happily use them.

Although an orb is not what I am looking for they are a good console. Zero88 make great desks for the money and have a lot of features in them.

I think the difficulty some people find with the Orb is in the ways in which it can vary from the accepted 'norm' in terms of syntax.

I love my Orb, but then again 90% of all programming I've ever done has been on a zero 88, I've plotted shows on a sirius24/48, an illusion 120, a fat frog, a frog and a frog 2. The Orb is easily the best desk zero88 have ever produced and considering where it fits into the price range of desks (around £6000), not a bad buy at all.

I spent last summer using an ETC Smartfade.....

We were not on talking terms by the end of that month....... nuf sed.

I spent the first week getting to know it... then the next 3 weeks wishing I had brought my pcwing on the plane with me.

considering where it fits into the price range of desks (around £6000), not a bad buy at all.

£6000 should get you a lot now! Pretty sure it will buy an MQ60. I think you can also get a tiger touch for that. Although it's PC based, you can also get an MA onPC command wing + fader wing for 6 grand which plugged into a laptop really takes you up a grade...

£6000 should get you a lot now! Pretty sure it will buy an MQ60. I think you can also get a tiger touch for that. Although it's PC based, you can also get an MA onPC command wing + fader wing for 6 grand which plugged into a laptop really takes you up a grade...

Or an Ion!!

Archived