Digi mixer thoughts.

Ynot

In terms of Midas prices:

The Thomann prices are pretty much where we are at now.

The re-positioning of Pro series makes it a bit (a lot of) a no brainer IMHO.

Our M32 advance air freight stock is due in the week so that will be fun.... The rest is on a slow boat from China (yes literally).

I am mixing events all next week at Exeter Show Ground for Together at Westpoint on Pro2. Anyone is welcome to PM me for a visit, I should be able to line something up if you want a look see.

Don't forget the Roland M480, the price change and the new 2416 makes that competitive again.

Actually ... you have Pat's details (above) and he can fix you up..... An M480 and a pair of 2416's will work around your budget.

Wow... actually just surprised myself looking at our system. Roland have sharpened the pencil and the system is uber uber rock solid.

M

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is your 8K inc or ex VAT?
EX vat.

I think you need to head on over to somewhere like SFL and play with several different desks to be honest.

Patrick is bringing over a selection of desks for us to audition at the end of the week :)

Damn, that sounds like fun! I'd love to be able to see/hear a shoot out between the new generation of digital desks.

Well, you got 3 days to get your ass over here.... :D

Well, have to say that after a session talking to Pat this afternoon as well as looking at the three desks he managed to bring along, we've got the choices currently down to the Roland M480 and the Midas Pro2C. We didn't actually get to see the Midas, but that's on the cards for a follow-up from Pat in a couple of weeks. But on paper either of them would do the business.

I was going to post a reply to Mark's post earlier in the evening but got sidetracked. Looks like you enjoyed the M480 which is great as I was just going to add a huge +1 to everything he'd said about their consoles.

I've been a happy user for a couple of years now and the new products still coming out (like the new stagebox) are giving me plenty of confidence on the longevity of the product line. I'm probably about to add an M300 to my stock to compliment the M480. They really do punch above their weight!

• 3 weeks later...

I am a big Fan of the Digico SD11 - Especially with the Injection Software upgrade it becomes a high channel count mixer - I was worries about fades but because the macros and layout is so good I don't mind. Been touring with it doing monitors for the last 4 months and still loving it!

Give it a go.

Ross

• 3 weeks later...

Well, to update and close my queries, the decision has been made, money has been sent and we will be expecting a brand new shiny Midas Pro2 full size (Plus DL151 and DL153) some time in the next week or so.

Extra budget was negotiated partly on the basis that the larger fader banks would make operating SO much easier in may instances.

We have a hired Pro2 from SFL for the final 'audition' on a singing show this weekend and even before the noise boys got to the rehearsal last night they were having fits of glee over the way the desk so easily did what they wanted it to do! Learned by their mistake how NOT to save the show settings :) and we have an issue to solve over the iPad wireless link that doesn't want to stay connected, but that could just be a dodgy wifi router (have a couple of cheap & cheerful Dlink routers in the cupboard that we set up to try it. But that's something we can maybe try later on :)

Thanks then for the recommendations and pointers here.

And if anyone wants to come see it they're more than welcome :D :D

1411783309[/url]' post='508087']

Dunno about Midas but I have found the Soundcraft ipad remote much more stable with static IP addresses for both desk and tablet... fwiw? :)

yeah, that is one area we are going to investigate when we get our own desk. It wasn't worth messing around on the hire desk as there was no need for us to be using the wireless for this one nighter.

Oh, and I missed extending thanks to Blue Roomer Pat Smith, from SFL, for his patience with me asking loads of questions, and for twice bringing up co soles for us to look at and play with. :-)

Archived