ETC Source 4 PARs

si_cole

Just like to pick up on something stormster said - I wasn't aware there were different reflectors - what are the opinions and/or advantages.

My experience expressed earlier in this thread is solely with the MCM version - I have not tried the EA version. The specs suggest the MCM is more efficient but I have no direct knowledge

You can get the unit with a standard reflector or a "cold mirror" reflector, which puts less heat out. I don't know if this affects brightness or not.

Don't forget you can use them with a 750W lamp instead of the 575W lamp if you want an extra kick.

P.

The MCM version is only rated to 575W while the EA version can take either 575W or 750W.

And if we turn on [full_pedant] the units are supplied with four lenses not the five in the original post[/full_pedant]

ola,

been usin s4 pars for a good few years now, they are the dogs nuts. bits do get a tad warm so watch out for the knarled bolt on the back when focusing I singed my skin about an hour ago on a parnell, if you can stretch to some parnells I would recomend them, the 750 lamps are quite pokey. down side to the lanterns is that they really do require safeties on the barn doors as they are not the most stable of things. but all round good value.

I got 16 of them about 12 months ago, they are one of the best tings I ever ordered, along with some SL's, the bulbs do go quite frequently, but only when they are getting knocked about up and down scopes, saying that the bulbs are cheaper than the average par bulb, I get them from the entertainment lighting company adthey are just under a tenner I think,

overall bril!

... the bulbs are cheaper than the average par bulb, I get them from the entertainment lighting company adthey are just under a tenner I think,

overall bril!

Do you have contact details for "the entertainment lighting company" - quick Google didn't seem that helpful - as I have been paying more like £17 per lamp.

... the bulbs are cheaper than the average par bulb, I get them from the entertainment lighting company adthey are just under a tenner I think,

overall bril!

Do you have contact details for "the entertainment lighting company" - quick Google didn't seem that helpful - as I have been paying more like £17 per lamp.

Don't know about them but try Used Lighting for new lamps.

What do you mean by "Chased"? Not a term I've come across before in this context.

EDIT: Duh...as in flashed on and off in a chase. Can't say I've ever used it that way before, I always say: "A Chase", not "to chase". :)

overall bril!

I do, off the top of my head its ELC_LTD@hotmail.com wil check it out when I get to work on monday and get back to you

• 4 weeks later...

Hope, I found the right thread now :blink:

What do you think of PR Pro PARs instead of S4 PARs?

http://www.pr-lighting.com/images/productpics/propar/propars.jpg

Moderation: Image tag fixed.

Archived