What DMX Controller

Andyp

Of course. Actually it will output too, albeit with spoilers. However, in reality that's only going to relevant for networked output (ie. ArtNet/sACN). Great for hooking up pre-vis software but suspect that just add to the confusion for the OP.

If you want to use a desk something like the Transcension commander 384 gives you 384 DMX control channels maded up of 12 fixtures with 32 channels. Or look at the pc based software titan one will sent you back around £120 and is a lot more powerful then a desk you could get for the same price

Not sure what you mean by that?

The fixture has the ability to control all four heads as simple RGB control from DMX. On a typical console I would use that mode and then record a static look for some while the others chased and this would be very easy. Do you know if the Transcension can do that?

Not sure what you mean by that?

The fixture has the ability to control all four heads as simple RGB control from DMX. On a typical console I would use that mode and then record a static look for some while the others chased and this would be very easy. Do you know if the Transcension can do that?

I have a very similar controller, though not that exact one, and you cannot do that, it can only run one scene/look or chase at once. You could manually override the first fixture to white using the sliders, or program the first fixture to white in every step of the chase.

1437489774[/url]' post='525069']
1437487594[/url]' post='525063']

or program the first fixture to white in every step of the chase.

That was my initial suggestion yesterday, and does sound like the simplest work around with this controller.

I will try and see if I can get it to do this as soon as I take delivery of the LED 64. Though it seems like I bought it to soon and should have done a bit more research before I pulled the trigger. However I got it for a great price so nothing major is lost. It was just that a dealer told me that this desk would be overkill with just two Giga bar systems, so I assumed it would do a lot more that it actually does, in fact it appears to be underpowered?I don't really want to go computer software based, as it's more setup time and because we are all playing I just wanted to have a few patterns programmed in (with two lamps on permanent white) with the touch of a button, and maybe a blackout on a footswitch.

Any particular desk?

Archived