Hall Upgrade - Installation Advice

Advisionmatt

There are Demux units out there that you can set the control voltage per 6 channels. I think zero88 used to make one.

The more important thing to remember is that the analogue control inputs of pulsar units are wired differently to strand and zero88.

There are Demux units out there that you can set the control voltage per 6 channels. I think zero88 used to make one.

The more important thing to remember is that the analogue control inputs of pulsar units are wired differently to strand and zero88.

Good point I wonder which demux the OP has. The economics would not be so good if he had to invest in a new demux!

• 2 weeks later...

Just to add that if the demux is stuck doing -ve output on all it's channels, Analogue-only betapacks (certainly the MK1) will accept either polarity control inputs (although they output a +ve supply to the desk, just don't connect that pin up!) so would be another option for cheap additional dimmers (not sure about a 5A version, although I think one existed). Building a -ve to +ve analogue control converter is simple but a pain for many channels.

I'd expect the Tempus to work solidly for a long time, especially with the fuses at 5A rather than the 10A fused version of the rack. Make sure no-one puts 10A fuses in the holders!

At some point make sure the nuts/busbar on the back of the blue supply fuse holders (on the right hand end of the rack near the power inlet) are tight - I've seen a failed Tempus which had arced there after the nuts came loose, although it was a hire unit. Don't worry if the "fuse good" neons next to them go out - it's usually the neons blackening inside. They are non-essential, or can be swapped for standard 240V neon indicators fairly easily.

Archived