• Yes- Plan to go Both Days
    • Yes- Hope to do but don't know what day
    • Maybe- Don't Know?
    • No!

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How about from London City Airport?

Bit longer from City airport! :D Never done that particular journey myself, but I'd imagine that it'll involve a bus (the airport isn't served directly by any kind of rail service) and at least a couple of trains (possibly DLR followed by District/Circle), so I reckon you're probably looking at anything up to an hour each way.

sounds like an adventure then! good job I've got about that between landing and the show opening...

Given where you work, Mikie, wouldn't it be easier to go a few yards down the road to Lime St and jump on a train to Euston? Getting to Victoria is much easier from there. Of course, for all I know you might live right next door to Liverpool airport ... :D

I'm also definitely going on Thursday only, although I think I've opted for the train option rather than driving as I've just about persuaded work to pay the extortionate peak time train fare!

Won't be making the BR meet though, due to evening show back home. Peter, keep us posted about the RWCMD post-grad launch... I'll hopefully be there just in time for 10.45

P.

Given where you work, Mikie, wouldn't it be easier to go a few yards down the road to Lime St and jump on a train to Euston? Getting to Victoria is much easier from there. Of course, for all I know you might live right next door to Liverpool airport ... :rolleyes:

Given I live 100 yards from work, maybe so, but it takes too long compared to a flight, and means I have to get up earlier, and get home later, and comparably, including taxis at this end, the plane ended up about £10 more expensive, which wasn't worth bothering about.

See you down there on Thursday.

Given the discussion about travel arrangements, maybe I can start a related survey/competition.

I live on the West Coast of Scotland and will be flying down on Thursday. My RAC routeplanner tells me this is a distance of 410 miles. I will be leaving my house at 8.15am, get flight into Stanstead for 11.00, hope to be there for 12.30. Returning, I probably need to be away before 4.00, and would hope to be home 8.15ish [average speed = 96.5 mph!]

Anyone beat that?

... get flight into Stanstead for 11.00, hope to be there for 12.30. Returning, I probably need to be away before 4.00, and would hope to be home 8.15ish...

You do know that Stansted is at least half an hour away from London (whether train or taxi)? And then there's the matter of getting to the venue itself! Not that I'm trying to deter you, just saying you won't have that much time in the venue itself :rolleyes:

... get flight into Stanstead for 11.00, hope to be there for 12.30. Returning, I probably need to be away before 4.00, and would hope to be home 8.15ish...

You do know that Stansted is at least half an hour away from London (whether train or taxi)? And then there's the matter of getting to the venue itself! Not that I'm trying to deter you, just saying you won't have that much time in the venue itself :rolleyes:

I know - was born in London! It's ridiculous that the train link in is so slow [& expensive - more than the flight from Glasgow]

Did this to the ABTT two years ago and it worked fine. & three hours is about all I need as I have some very specific things to enquire about.

Archived